httpd-users mailing list archives

From FROIDURE Nicolas <froidure_nico...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Multi-level virtualhost inherit
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 08:56:35 GMT
             Hi,

     Thanks for the tip. It seems to be a better solution for me : In
Debian it seems that each virtualhosts are confined on a single file and
included with the Include directive (with a path having a wildcard) on
the main configuration file.

     In my first dedicated server, each virtualhost were directly
included in the main configuration files. Do you think that the
difference in terms of performances at startup or whatever is important ?

     Thanks.

Le 06/12/2010 09:43, Mark Montague a écrit :
>  You can also do what you want outside of Apache HTTP Server:  write a
> script that generates httpd.conf from one or more input files, and run
> this script (manually or automatically) before starting httpd.  You
> can use M4, CPP, Perl, or many other tools to generate the
> configuration file, depending on your needs.  This way you do not need
> to load any special module; but you should pick a tool that other
> people will also have who want to use your configuration.
>
> --
>   Mark Montague
>   mark@catseye.org
>

> On December 6, 2010 3:37 , FROIDURE Nicolas
> <froidure_nicolas@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>>         I want to stay on a "universal" Apache config. Now I know
>> it's impossible without enabling a specific module. I'll deal with
>> this restriction anyway.
>>
>>     Thank you Jorge.
>>
>> Le 05/12/2010 14:11, Jorge Schrauwen a écrit :
>>> You may want to look at mod_macro, or mod_perl if you want really
>>> complex setups.
>>>

>>> ~Jorge

Cordialement, Nicolas Froidure, gérant, Elitwork SARL.