httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nathan Belk <nb...@nitrosecurity.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Request for Log samples
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 23:56:38 GMT
Thanks for the reply.

The rule sets are not for our environment per se.  We create the rules
and signatures that go onto the NitroSecurity SIEM products.  These
products then are placed on customers' networks which helps keep their
systems secure.

All the apache installations that we have in house are test
installations that do not see much traffic.  What we are looking for are
log files as close to real world log samples as possible so that the
rule-set will cover a wide range of events that our customers may encounter.

I understand that there may be sensitive information contained in the
error and access logs.  I was not expecting these people would send me
their logs.  I was just writing to see if anyone has any logs they
wouldn't mind sharing with me so that I might create a more robust set
of rules.

Thanks!

Nathan