httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey E Burgoyne" <burgo...@keenuh.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] HTTP header fields
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 19:02:14 GMT

> 	 But somebody with
> 	more malicious intent could interpret and abuse based on what they see.

Perhaps, but my web server logs shows a very large number of hits
attacking vulnerabilities across multiple OS and web server types which
have no bearing on the server I am running. The fact is they do not care
what you are running, they will just hit you with every attack they can
find for every web server known and hope for a hit.

I'm sure a hacker wanting in will not look at a server signature and say
"Oh, apache on Linux, guess I won't even bother trying this IIS on Windows
hack".

--
Jeffrey Burgoyne
Chief Technology Officer