httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] pass request body failed
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 12:46:09 GMT

On 1 Dec 2010, at 12:11, Sternath, Elmar (NSN - DE/Munich) wrote:

> Hi,
> We use Apache 2.2.16 as a reverse proxy on both UNIX and Windows environment (by use
of mod_proxy). In both environments, we have trouble when uploading big files (size 10 MB,
upload time from client to proxy approx. 40 sec.) to the proxied backend application in Internet.

What proxy-sendcl/proxy-sendchunks setting are you using?

If you use proxy-sendcl, apache has to buffer all the data and you could be hitting a timeout.
If proxy-sendchunks, does your backend support chunked encoding?

Nick Kew
See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
   "   from the digest: