httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Alias-ed directory appears on multiple virtual hosts
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 10:37:19 GMT
On 07.12.10 19:08, wrote:
> I've switched to a new debian server with apache 2.2.9 and installed the
> 'phpgadmin'
> tool via a debian package.
> This copies the php sources outside of /var/www and sets an 'alias ..'
> directive in /etc/apache2/conf.d/

> Now what happens to my surprise is that /phppgadmin is accessible via
> all my virtual hosts, not just the one (base host) where it is
> defined.

The /etc/apache2/conf.d/ directory is included from main server config
(/etc/apache2/apache2.conf) and thus aliases defined there apply in all
virtual hosts.

This is one of reasons why I dislike this "automatic" way of configuring of
apache in distributions.

I recommend you comment out the "Include /etc/apache2/conf.d/" in
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf and include it only in vhosts you need them.

The /etc/apache2/conf.d/security should be apparently included right from
apache2.conf, the other

>From the same reason I removed some mods-enabled/*.conf and load it from
separate virtual hosts where needed, e.g.:

Matus UHLAR - fantomas, ;
"One World. One Web. One Program." - Microsoft promotional advertisement
"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer!" - Adolf Hitler

See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
   "   from the digest:
For additional commands, e-mail: