httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Alias-ed directory appears on multiple virtual hosts
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 10:37:19 GMT
On 07.12.10 19:08, breg@kanka.de wrote:
> I've switched to a new debian server with apache 2.2.9 and installed the
> 'phpgadmin'
> tool via a debian package.
> This copies the php sources outside of /var/www and sets an 'alias ..'
> directive in /etc/apache2/conf.d/

> Now what happens to my surprise is that /phppgadmin is accessible via
> all my virtual hosts, not just the one (base host) where it is
> defined.

The /etc/apache2/conf.d/ directory is included from main server config
(/etc/apache2/apache2.conf) and thus aliases defined there apply in all
virtual hosts.

This is one of reasons why I dislike this "automatic" way of configuring of
apache in distributions.

I recommend you comment out the "Include /etc/apache2/conf.d/" in
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf and include it only in vhosts you need them.

The /etc/apache2/conf.d/security should be apparently included right from
apache2.conf, the other

>From the same reason I removed some mods-enabled/*.conf and load it from
separate virtual hosts where needed, e.g.:

mods-available/alias.conf
mods-available/info.conf
mods-available/status.conf
mods-available/userdir.conf

etc.

"One World. One Web. One Program." - Microsoft promotional advertisement
"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer!" - Adolf Hitler