httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ray Van Dolson <>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache reverse proxy - intermittent problem loading Javascript
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 21:42:38 GMT
On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 01:36:44PM -0800, Richard Dedeyan wrote:
> Hello,
>  We have setup an Apache reverse proxy in front of our Jboss server. We are
> experiencing an intermittent issue in the web application where a Javascript
> file does not fully load and other times it does. We can see that when the file
> is requested the number of bytes transferred is reduced when the problem occurs.
>  In the httpd.conf file we have the following:
> BrowserMatch "Mozilla/2" nokeepalive
> BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
> BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4\.0[678] no-gzip
> #BrowserMatch "MSIE 4\.0b2;" nokeepalive downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
> BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html
> BrowserMatch "RealPlayer 4\.0" force-response-1.0
> BrowserMatch "Java/1\.0" force-response-1.0
> BrowserMatch "JDK/1\.0" force-response-1.0
> #
> # The following directive disables redirects on non-GET requests for
> # a directory that does not include the trailing slash.  This fixes a
> # problem with Microsoft WebFolders which does not appropriately handle
> # redirects for folders with DAV methods.
> # Same deal with Apple's DAV filesystem and Gnome VFS support for DAV.
> #
> BrowserMatch "Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing Provider"
> redirect-carefully
> BrowserMatch "MS FrontPage" redirect-carefully
> BrowserMatch "^WebDrive" redirect-carefully
> BrowserMatch "^WebDAVFS/1.[0123]" redirect-carefully
> BrowserMatch "^gnome-vfs/1.0" redirect-carefully
> BrowserMatch "^XML Spy" redirect-carefully
> BrowserMatch "^Dreamweaver-WebDAV-SCM1" redirect-carefully
> Platform: CentOS for both the proxy and JBoss.
> Has anyone encountered this issue? Any directions is much appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Richard

What about your actualy ProxyPass directives and other associated

Do only certain browsers trigger the problem (trying to figure out why
you shared the above)?

Are you running mod_security or some other Layer 7 security tool?

Is the issue reproducible enough that you'd be able to capture a pcap
dump of a "broken" request?

Has the problem always existed?  If not, when did it start?

See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
   "   from the digest:
For additional commands, e-mail: