httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Powe <mich...@trollope.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Use -finstrument-functions in module
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 17:59:37 GMT
Hello,

I would like to use the gcc option -finstrument-functions to add some
profiling to my module.  I can implement the functions and compile
with the option successfully; however, I don't get any log output.

Documentation is a bit slender.

The instrumented functions are declared:

__cyg_profile_func_enter(void *fn, void *call);
__cyg_profile_func_exit(void *fn, void *call);

In order to use ap_log_error(), I need the server information to
locate the logs to write to.  Attempting to change the function
signature to include the request_rec object did not create any
problems at compilation (or deployment) but also did not result in
successful logging.

Basically, I want to be able to log the execution times for each
function called within the module and I would like to avoid manually
altering each function to record this information.  The instrumented
functions seem to be a great way to do this.

Thanks.

mp

--
Michael Powe		michael@trollope.org		Naugatuck CT USA

47.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot. - Steven Wright