httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy_html how to stop code fixing
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2010 10:39:18 GMT
On 17 Dec 2010, at 21:45, Larry W Burton wrote:

> I have configured Apache Apache/2.2.3 on CentOS 5.5 as a reverse proxy
> using mod_proxy_html, and both Apache and mod_proxy_html are working
> correctly. The problem is that I am trying to access a Promise storage
> Array which has horrible html. Specifically, MULTIPLE </html> tags in the
> same page:

I've seen this problem before.  The basic problem is obviously your backend's
non-HTML.  It's not actually mod_proxy_html fixing it, but the underlying parser
(libxml2).

I've some recollection of working around this for a client, but that was some years
ago and I couldn't tell you how - unless perhaps you can trick the parser using
mod_xml2enc's xml2StartParse to squish the first <html> (I'd have to try it to see
how the parser responds to that).  But that's an outside chance: otherwise you're
probably better off with a plain text search-and-replace like mod_sed,
mod_substitute or mod_line_edit.

--
Nick Kew