httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lorenzo Milesi <lorenzo.mil...@yetopen.it>
Subject [users@httpd] Restricting config to a single virtualhost
Date Fri, 24 Dec 2010 08:12:10 GMT
Hi.

I'm using Apache2 on Ubuntu Server.
I've configured three virtual hosts, two on port 80 and one on port 443.
I've also several web apps, some directly placed in /var/www, some others installed system
wide, which are configured by files placed in conf.d/.
Here comes my problem, because this makes those apps available to every virtualhost, while
I'd like to restrict them to run only on a selected website, that is the SSL one!

This is a part of my sites-available/default-ssl:
<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
<VirtualHost *:443>
        ServerAdmin maxxer@yetopen.it
        ServerName my.host.com
        DocumentRoot /var/www
        <Directory />
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None
        </Directory>
        <Directory /var/www/>
                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>

And this is, for example, conf.d/gitweb installed by debian package:
Alias /gitweb /usr/share/gitweb
<Directory /usr/share/gitweb>
  Options FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
  AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
</Directory>

Debian includes conf.d/* before sites-enabled/*, this means gitweb is loaded before default-ssl.
Reverting this behavior is not a big deal, but how do I make gitweb available only to the
SSL website?
I know I could place gitweb content into default-ssl, but I'd rather keep them separated,
if possible.

Thanks
--
Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo.milesi@yetopen.it

YetOpen S.r.l. - http://www.yetopen.it/
Via Carlo Torri Tarelli 19 - 23900 Lecco - ITALY -
Tel 0341 220 205 - Fax 178 6070 222

GPG/PGP Key-Id: 0xE704E230 - http://keyserver.linux.it

-------- D.Lgs. 196/2003 --------

Si avverte che tutte le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono
riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario. Nel caso in cui questo
messaggio Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo
senza copiarlo, a non inoltrarlo a terzi e ad avvertirci non appena
possibile.
Grazie.