httpd-users mailing list archives

From Leonard den Ottolander <leon...@den.ottolander.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] IP restricted site showing noindex.html not 403
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2010 17:03:12 GMT
Hello Eric,

On Sat, 2010-12-18 at 08:49 -0500, Eric Covener wrote:
> Assuming your "noindex" page is a custom 403 ErrorDocument just for /,
> then this is working correctly.  You've overridden the error response
> with something very specific for this URL.

No, it's not. It's what I presume is the default fall back located
in /var/www/error for when no index page is available. So when I specify
specify http://example.com I will see this noindex.html - whether or not
the web root contains an index file doesn't make a difference - but when
I specify http://example.com/anyfile I see a 403 document, irregardless
of whether "anyfile" exists or not.

Regards,
Leonard.