httpd-users mailing list archives

From Leonard den Ottolander <leon...@den.ottolander.nl>
Subject [users@httpd] IP restricted site showing noindex.html not 403
Date Sat, 18 Dec 2010 13:40:36 GMT
Hello,

I've set up a test site to which I restricted access by setting "Allow
from" to a single IP address in the web root Directory entry. However,
when I access the site from another IP by just providing the domain name
(http://example.com) I get the noindex.html page instead of the expected
403 document. Providing an url with a file name
((http://example.com/anyfile)) shows the 403 document as I expected.

Is it expected behaviour that apache shows the noindex file instead of a
403 document in this case? This is a CentOS 4 system
(httpd-2.0.52-41.ent.7.centos4) so it could well be this is an issue
that has been fixed in later releases.

I tried using a
RewriteRule ^/$ http://%{HTTP_HOST}/index.php [L,R]
to work around this issue. This works fine as long as the site is empty,
but since the application I'm testing rewrites index.php to / it creates
and endless redirect.

Is there any way I can configure apache to show the 403 document when
the plain domain name is used as the url? If this is a known issue fixed
in later releases it suffices for me to know that is the case. Thanks
for your help.

Regards,
Leonard.