httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sternath, Elmar (NSN - DE/Munich)" <elmar.stern...@nsn.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] pass request body failed
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 09:15:45 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for that helpful post, changing proxy setting to proxy-sendchunks
did actually the trick! However I wonder which timeout could have been
hit, at least KeepAliveTimeout and ProxyTimeout were set to a higher
value than these 40 secs. Maybe a timeout on backend site...

Br,
Elmar

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Nick Kew [mailto:nick@webthing.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 1:46 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] pass request body failed

On 1 Dec 2010, at 12:11, Sternath, Elmar (NSN - DE/Munich) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We use Apache 2.2.16 as a reverse proxy on both UNIX and Windows
environment (by use of mod_proxy). In both environments, we have trouble
when uploading big files (size 10 MB, upload time from client to proxy
approx. 40 sec.) to the proxied backend application in Internet.

What proxy-sendcl/proxy-sendchunks setting are you using?

If you use proxy-sendcl, apache has to buffer all the data and you could
be hitting a timeout.
If proxy-sendchunks, does your backend support chunked encoding?

--
Nick Kew