httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] dynamic mpm-itk
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 16:36:52 GMT
On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 4:02 PM, James Devine <fxmulder@gmail.com> wrote:
> vhost per user isn't something I would be able to do, what about a
> module that runs prior to itk if thats possible to preset the uid

Not without significant hacking. From mpm-itk homepage:

"""
apache2-mpm-itk (just mpm-itk for short) is an MPM (Multi-Processing
Module) for the Apache web server. mpm-itk allows you to run each of
your vhost under a separate uid and gid — in short, the scripts and
configuration files for one vhost no longer have to be readable for
all the other vhosts.
"""

It is specifically designed to choose uid/gid based upon vhost, and
nothing else.

Cheers

Tom