httpd-users mailing list archives

From Julien Cigar <jci...@ulb.ac.be>
Subject [users@httpd] connection is resetting
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 09:44:40 GMT
Hello,

I'm running Apache 2.2.16 with the worker MPM on a FreeBSD 8.1 (amd64)
machine. Apart from the standard modules, I'm using mod_fastcgi and
mod_passenger (2.2.15).
It works well, except that from time to time, about once every two
weeks, Apache refuses to serve requests (even server-status or
server-info) and I get a message in the web client (Firefox) saying that
the connection has been reset.

I notice that it happens just after the following message in the error
log file:
[Wed Nov 24 14:11:55 2010] [error] server reached MaxClients setting,
consider raising the MaxClients setting

This is very strange because the server isn't very loaded and I'm pretty
sure that MaxClients isn't reached.

I'm using the following configuration:
<IfModule mpm_worker_module>
     StartServers        3