httpd-users mailing list archives

From S├ębastien Moretti <sebastien.more...@unil.ch>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RewriteRule & jsessionid
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2010 14:15:15 GMT
>     Hi
>
>     I experience some problem with apache, mod_rewrite and mod_proxy.
>     I get some timeouts that deny access to the server.
>     Here is the error message I get:
>
>     (70007)The timeout specified has expired: proxy: error reading
>     status line from remote server XXX
>     [Wed Nov 17 11:57:09 2010] [error] [client 130.223.50.57] proxy:
>     Error reading from remote server returned by
>     /YYY/yyy;jsessionid=CB0770CE21131F029565895AC72B921E
>

>     It happens when I set this particular rule:
>     RewriteRule ^/YYY/yyy(.+)  /YYY/yyy$1  [P]
>
> To me, this rule doesn't make sense. You are rewriting it to be the same
> thing as before.

This rule looks weird in my opinion also; but works properly on our
development server.

It must be: get the whole URL, but YYY/yyy, and do the mapping.
Something like
     RewriteRule ^/([^YYY/yyy].+)  /YYY/yyy$1  [P]

The redirection is on the same server, within the same virtual host.
http://XXX/?smth   would be    http://XXX/YYY/yyy?smth
(XXX is abc.ch)

And both URLs must work.

--