httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick McCambridge" <mcca...@fdny.nyc.gov>
Subject [users@httpd] Rotating logs
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 21:04:49 GMT
Because I am not a Unix person or web developer, I am struggling with the exercise to rotate
my logs in Apache (I am running 2.2).

When I add the following command to my httpd.conf file, it creates a file called access_log.old
(in the time interval I designate), but Apache still continues to write to the original log.

Here is the command I am using:
CustomLog "|apache22/bin/rotatelogs /apache22/logs/archive_log 300" combine

How do I tweak this to ensure the new log that is created becomes the primary log, until it's
time to replace it, and them it becomes archived?

Thank you in advance.
Patrick

Confidentiality Notice:
This message may contain information that is
confidential or privileged.

If you are not the intended recipient,
Please advise the sender immediately and delete this message.