httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Schulman <and...@alumni.utexas.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: MOD_PROXY and Access Control by IP
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2010 20:00:59 GMT
> Thanks Andrew, I did see this as an example on a web post.   ...the argument was made
that it's a PIA when you don't match class C subnets and have to use RegEx :-)

Yes, I agree, it is a PIA.  You should see the access control file on our
production host... we have about 3000 SetEnvIf statements, just like that
one.  Ugly, and you might also think it's really slow, and yet (1) it
centralizes all of the IP address matching in one place; (2) everywhere
else we just have neat Allow from env= statements; and (3) I can't tell any
difference in speed.

Good luck,
Andrew.