httpd-users mailing list archives

From dasgud <p.hickma...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] I can't get apache to direct to my virtual hosts
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2010 01:58:03 GMT

I have installed a web server on a localhost with xampp. the apache server is
ver 2.2 on a win xp pro (sp3) desktop. I've been reading the documentation
and forums for 2 days and follow all the directions I found to modify my
httpd-vhosts.conf file but it still doesn't work as I wish it to. I have 2
domains on the localhost with very different content, when I type either
url, only one of the sites displays.
my folders are set up like: c:/xampp/site1 and c:/xampp/site1/site2. I think
this may be the issue, and if so, then I need to go to another forum for
installation answers.
This is how I have configured httpd-vhosts file:
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ##ServerAdmin postmaster@dummy-host.localhost
    DocumentRoot "C:/server/xampp/site1/"
    ServerName site1.com
    ServerAlias www.site1.com
    ##ErrorLog "logs/dummy-host.localhost-error.log"
    ##CustomLog "logs/dummy-host.localhost-access.log" combined
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ##ServerAdmin postmaster@dummy-host2.localhost
    ##DocumentRoot "C:/server/xampp/site1/site2"
    ServerName site2.com
    ServerAlias www.site2.com
    ##ErrorLog "logs/dummy-host2.localhost-error.log"
    ##CustomLog "logs/dummy-host2.localhost-access.log" combined
</VirtualHost>

since I've been trying for 2 days to make something apparently simple work,
unsuccessfully, with many changes, I'm just befuddled now. I hope someone
can help me with this.

Thank you