httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Assarsson, Emil" <Emil.Assars...@sonyericsson.com>
Subject [users@httpd] RE: Google Apps authentication
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 08:42:51 GMT
Hi,
I guess that OpenID would be one of the first things to look at. It can however only SSO http(s)
based solutions. I'm not sure if Google supports it but PKI might be a solid way so solve
it to.

--
Emil

From: Oliver Marshall [mailto:Oliver.Marshall@g2support.com]
Sent: onsdag den 10 november 2010 09:33
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Google Apps authentication

Hi

We currently use LDAP authentication on all our apache servers to authenticate our staff against
our AD. However we are looking at a mass move to Google Apps and need to allow the single
sign on ability still.

We can keep the AD in place, and then have Google suck the AD account details from that ("authenticate
against AD" would be the wrong term). We could also then use AD for the apache stuff still.

However there is also an idea to move away from AD completely as we are increasingly non-AD
specific (macs, linux etc). Does anyone know if there is a module already in use that would
allow apache to authenticate using Google App details?

Olly