httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RE: Mod_Proxy with Basic Authentication on Target
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 17:47:26 GMT
On Mon, 8 Nov 2010 09:00:43 -0500
Todd Simons <tsimons@delphi-tech.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas?

What does the error log say?

> We have an internal application that uses basic authentication (the browser prompts the
user for login).   We need to make this publically available using Apache Reverse Proxies.

> Does anyone know how to prompt and pass through the Basic Authentication?   When I try
to access the page via the Apache Reverse Proxy I get a 500 error, instead of a login box

If you want the proxy to authenticate, just configure authentication within
a <Location> for the reverse proxy.  If the backend is authenticating, the
proxy has nothing to do.

--
Nick Kew