httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mahmood Naderan <nt_mahm...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] What is the default location?
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2010 14:03:38 GMT
Hi,
I am new to apache so my question may be too simple. I have installed apache2
and when I enter the ip address (http://A.B.C.D/) in the web browser I can
successfully see the message "It works!".... fine.

I also have installed Munin and set the htmldir variable to
/var/www/A.B.C.D/web/monitoring. After running the Muning, index.html file and
other related files are generated there:
root@server1:/var/www/A.B.C.D/web/monitoring# ls
definitions.html  index.html  logo.png   server1
favicon.ico       logo-h.png  style.css

However when I enter this URL (http://A.B.C.D/monitoring) in the browser, I get
this error:
Not Found
The requested URL /monitoring was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at A.B.C.D Port 80

It seems that Apache2's default location is somewhere else. How can I tell kim
to look in to /var/www/A.B.C.D/web/monitoring where my index.html is there.

Thanks,
// Naderan *Mahmood;