httpd-users mailing list archives

From Florian Effenberger <flo...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] phpMyAdmin session could not be invoked
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 11:10:12 GMT
Hello,

I run phpMyAdmin 3.3.2 (Ubuntu 10.04 package) with mod_fcgid on
Apache. From time to time, instead of the logon screen, an error
message appears, telling me that the session could not be invoked
without errors and I should look into my PHP error log. As an
additional note, session.save_path and writing rights are mentioned.

After I restart Apache, it works for a while, and I did found no
pattern nor reason yet why the problem occurs. I changed to a separate
tmp directory, modified session settings, to no avail. Sometimes, even
restarting Apache once doesn't help, and sometimes, it's sufficient to
delete session files out of the tmp directory.

All other scripts on the site seem to work like a charm.

Any idea on how to nail down that bug?

Thanks,
Florian