httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Rea <mike.a....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Win2003, Apache2.2 & Tomcat6 Apache proxy to Tomcat
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 12:59:48 GMT
Made the change to port 8080.
I also changed the host file on the server to bypass DNS for
www.mydomain.com and to just loop back to the local IP address instead.
Between those 2 one of them worked.
>From the outside I am getting a connection time out in Firefox.
So, since it is working fine from the server, with it not having to leave
the network and come back in, I am assuming that https traffic is being
blocked by the firewall.  At least that seems reasonable to me. I do not do
the firewall work for this company but I would think when I asked them to
open up internet traffic to this server that they would of opened up port 80
& 443 traffic, but who knows.
Thanks,
Hopefully this has taken care of my problem.
Mike