httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] switching from mod_fastcgi to mod_fcgid
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 17:15:59 GMT
On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 8:07 AM, Julien Cigar <jcigar@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
> I'm happy with mod_fastcgi in fact, but ~once a month I have to restart
> Apache because it doesn't respond to requests anymore (I get a "The
> connection was reset" in my browser) ... and I suspect that mod_fastcgi
> *could* be the cause of this (or mod_passenger)

A common cause of that with PHP is the FastCGI module sending requests
to PHP as it decides to exit on its ownt; unfortunately I don't see a
relevant directive for mod_fastcgi to have it stop sending requests
after a certain count; for mod_fcgid it is FcgidMaxRequestsPerProcess;
I guess you could make PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS unlimited or very large.