httpd-users mailing list archives

From Todd Simons <tsim...@delphi-tech.com>
Subject [users@httpd] MOD_PROXY Open CSV Content Into Excel
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2010 15:50:48 GMT
Hello All
We develop web applications using Weblogic and JSP pages.   Our web app has the functionality
to export to excel where data is pulled from a database and presented to the web client, at
that point the web client recognizes the content stream and opens excel with the CSV file.
  The code from the JSP page is below:

      response.setHeader("Expires", "Sat, 6 May 1995 12:00:00 GMT");
    response.setHeader("Cache-control", "no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
    response.addHeader("Cache-Control", "post-check=0, pre-check=0");
    response.setHeader("Content-Type", "text/html; charset=" + encoding);
    response.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");
            response.setHeader("Content-Disposition", dispType + "; filename=grid.csv");

        Where
                dispType = "attachment"
                encoding = "UTF-8"

When accessing the Web app directly, this works great, but when accessing  through an Apache
Reverse Proxy, the CSV content is displayed in the browser window.

Our Reverse Proxy settings are listed below.
<!--http.conf snip-->
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPreserveHost Off

ProxyPass /app/ http://internalhost/app/
ProxyPassReverse /app/ http://internalhost/app/
<Proxy "https://*/app/*">
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from All
        #Allow from Us
        Allow from 10.0.0.0/20
        #Allow from Customer
        Allow from 162.x.x.x/24
</Proxy>
<!--http.conf snip-->

Has anyone seen this before?

_______________________________________
Todd Simons
Principal IT Engineer
tsimons@*.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail message from Delphi Technology, Inc. is intended only for the individual or entity
to which it is addressed. This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail by accident, please notify the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail and all copies of it.