httpd-users mailing list archives

From Yu Kikuchi <kikuchi...@jp.fujitsu.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy_ajp failed to connect infrequently
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2010 09:29:45 GMT
Hi All.

The error_log (debug) is attached.

I understood "(120006) error" means Apache wasn't able to receive the headers of the response
from the backend server.
But I don't know why the headers didn't return and I want any opinions about the reason.
Please teach me how to know the problem.

Best regards,

(2010/10/12 11:07), Kikuchi Yu wrote:
> Thanks for getting back to me.
>
>  > Could it be a timeout while waiting for the reply? Add "%D" to your LogFormat and
check, how long those requests take.

> The following is an Apache's access_log when the HTTP 503 error occured.
> It seems the request took only "42ms" so I think it's not because of a timeout.
>
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [09/Aug/2010:03:38:32 +0900] "GET /api/alive.jsp HTTP/1.1" 503 2366
0 42324

>  > I didn't understand the "the errors disappeared instead of cping/cpong retry occurrence"
part of your question.

> I'm sorry I'm not good at using English well.
>
> It's my understanding that:
> 1. "ping" option gets Apache to check the connection to the backend.
> 2. If the first CPing/CPong check doesn't succeed, it will reestablish a new connection
to the backend and run one more
> CPing/CPong.
>
> When I set "ping=1" option to ProxyPass directive, Apache failed the first CPing/CPong
check, but succeeded at
> connecting to backend by the second CPing/CPong.
> So HTTP 500/503 error didn't occur.
>
> I wonder if the connection will break instantaneously(within 1 second).
> Would you give me any comments about this phenomenon?
>

> (2010/10/08 20:19), Rainer Jung wrote:
>> On 08.10.2010 09:33, Yu Kikuchi wrote:
>>> My environment is Apache 2.2.11 and JBoss AS 5.0.0.
>>> There were no messages in JBoss's access log when the error occured.
>>>
>>> I had changed the setting to use "mod_proxy_http" the day before yesterday,
>>> then not HTTP 503 error but 502 error occured.
>>> Are anybody onto something about this error?
>>>
>>> Are there any ideas to pursue the exact cause of it?

failed from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8009

messages and left indications of abort.