httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sacha Varma <sa...@ssl.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Basic authentication for a virtual/rewritten URL?
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:24:10 GMT
Ok, thanks Brian.

For the log - after a bit of experimentation, the problem I have appears
to be that while you can password-protect a Location, Location
directives are applied after rewrites. So if you have:

     ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /some/where/cgi-bin/

     RewriteRule ^.*$ /cgi-bin/my-cms [QSA,PT,L]

     <Location /somepath>
         AuthType Basic
     </Location>

Your Location will never match (because the Location is always
/cgi-bin/my-cms by the time Apache applies the Location to it).

I'll see if I can find a way around this that doesn't involve
implementing basic auth inside the CGI script.

On 26/10/2010 18:07, Brian Hirt wrote:
> I don't use htaccess anywhere, but we use things like this in our config that work just
fine.  You might want to make sure your Order and Allow are set up to work correctly.