httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sacha Varma <sa...@ssl.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Basic authentication for a virtual/rewritten URL?
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 13:14:58 GMT
Sorry to interrupt you fine folks, I wasn't able to google up the answer
to this.

Is it possible to configure Apache to do basic authentication for a URL
that doesn't correspond to a physical location in the filesystem (e.g.
because it is rewritten to be served by CGI)?

It appears that the authentication directives are only valid in
Directory and htacces contexts, so I'm not able to password-protect a
Location.

On a filthy hunch I tried creating the directory in the filesystem that
would correspond to the URL, and password-protecting that via a
Directory configuration block, but that didn't work.