httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matt Price <matt.pr...@utoronto.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mixing dynamic and static virtual host definitions
Date Sat, 23 Oct 2010 14:55:52 GMT
  On 10-10-23 09:02 AM, Igor Galić wrote:
> ----- "Matt Price"<matt.price@utoronto.ca>  wrote:
>
>> <VirtualHost *:80>
>>                VirtualDocumentRoot /home/drupal-commons/drupal_commons
>>                ServerName tdhc.digitalcommons.ca
>> </VirtualHost>
> I don't understand why you're using VirtualDocumentRoot here,
> even though it's not a dynamic vhost.
I tried both only becouse I couldn't understand the original error.  I
was flailing; changing this directive seems to make no difference.

>> My expectation is that adding this stanza above the<VirtualHost>
>> directive I show above should direct all traffic on
>> tdhc.digitalcommons.ca to /home/drupal-commons/drupal_commons/, and
>> allow other traffic to proceed to the wordpress sites in /var/www/*.
>>
>> However, I get the following behaviour:
>>
>> 1) if the new stanza is placed above the old one, then ALL traffic
>> arriving at this server is directed to
>> /home/drupal-commons/drupal_commons.
>> 2) if the new stanza goes below the old, it is ignored entirely (this
>> is
>> what I expected).
>>
>> Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I should fix it?
> Change VirtualDocumentRoot to DocumentRoot and see what happens.
> Check what apache2ctl says, and if that matches your expectations.
> Move the VHost declarations, and see if something changes to
> apache2ctl's output.
I don't see anything interesting in the logs but am sitting in a
conference with lousy internet access.  thanks for thints -- so far no
improvements -- will respond soon when I can experiment reliably.