httpd-users mailing list archives

From Philip Prindeville <philipp_s...@redfish-solutions.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Identifying banned networks correctly, but unable to block access
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 16:42:04 GMT
  I'm trying to use mod_geoip and mod_setenvif to blacklist certain countries.  The tests seem
to work an correctly identify the sources... it's the mod_authz_host part that's tripping
me up.

And the end of my mod_setenvif.conf I have:

LogFormat "is_a_bogon=%{is_a_bogon}e CC=%{GEOIP_COUNTRY_CODE}e" env
CustomLog logs/env_log env env=is_a_bogon

<Directory "/var/www/html">
     Deny from env=is_a_bogon
</Directory>

and the logs confirm that is_a_bogon gets set correctly.  So why isn't a request from an appropriate
host causing a 403 Forbidden?

Some other "Allow" seems to be superseding it, but I can't figure out which.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm running Apache 2.2.16-1 on Fedora 13 (updated).

Thanks,

-Philip