httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] The apache duplicate the request
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 11:16:32 GMT
On 07.10.2010 16:49, Oscar Celada wrote:

> The apache duplicate the request:
>
> I have installed apache httpd 2.2.10 with mod jk 1.2.28 and tomcat 6.0.29. I
> have a transaction that is  executed in the tomcat and that lasts for 15
> minutes. The problem is in that Apache once 300 second bests were  passed
> throws the same request again. I have played the parameter Timeout of the
> httpd.conf but I do not resolve the problem.
>
> How can I avoid this problem? The initial petition I would not care to cut
> across timeout but what I do not want is duplicate the request right now
> than each he gives 300 seconds, this does that the tomcat die .

I expect that the duplicatiuon is either done by mod_jk or by the
browser (JavaScript?).

For mod_jk you would want to set the recovery options such that no
duplication is done. Look for "recovery_options" in

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html

You might want to set the attribute to the value "7". You mod_jk log
file should tell you, whether mod_jk retried the request.

In case there's more questions: the right list to discuss mod_jk is the
Tomcat users mailing list.

To subscribe, send mail to

    users-subscribe@tomcat.apache.org

To jumpstart the discussion there, please provide in the post your
mod_jk version number, your configuration and possibly the contents of
the mod_jk log file.

Regards,

Rainer