httpd-users mailing list archives

From Yu Kikuchi <kikuchi...@jp.fujitsu.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_proxy_ajp failed to connect infrequently
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 09:50:24 GMT
Hello.

Apache wrote such as following messages into error_log and returned HTTP 500/503 error infrequently.

[error] (104)Connection reset by peer: ajp_ilink_receive() can't receive header
[error] ajp_read_header: ajp_ilink_receive failed
[error] (120006)APR does not understand this error code: proxy: read response failed from
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8009
(xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

I have installed Apache and JBoss Application Server into the same server.
I suspected mod_proxy_ajp caused the errors because JBoss hasn't logged any messages and left
indications of abort.

After the setting of "ping" options, the errors disappeared instead of cping/cpong retry occurrence.
Exactly:

<Location /test>
  ProxyPass ajp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8009/test ping=1
</Location>

I examine prior occurrences, but nobody told about the cause of this phenomenon.
Does anybody tell me why the errors came up?

Best regards.