httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Replacing TEXT on the Response Page
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 12:23:45 GMT
On 06.10.2010 14:11, Tushar Chavan wrote:
> Hi Expert,
>
> Below is our scenario
>
> Browser ----->Apache Server ------>Web Dispatcher ----->SAP J2EE Engine
> ------>SAP SRM Server..
>
> Now when ever we execute https://apache_server_host:1443/irj , we get a
> page. Now if I want to replace certain text on the page before
> displaying to the user. ( e.g page contain 'service xyz is not available
> on SAP SRM server ' . Now I want to replace SAP SRM server with Apache
> host name )
>
> How Can we do it ? Will mod_headers solve the purpose?

If the text is part of the response body, you can do it with
mod_substitute. If the needed replacing is not a simple search and
replace, you might use mod_proxy_html.

mod_headers can not replace content in the response body.

You might also be able to configure your SAP SRM server to directly
output the right name.

Regards,

Rainer