httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: possible to add multiple locations for the document root
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:49:38 GMT

On Oct 25, 2010, at 11:02 AM, e-letter wrote:

> I had changed the alias to add a trailing stroke (/). I also tried
> both
>
> <Directory /usr/local/phppgadmin/phppgadmin>
>
> and
>
> <Directory /target/>
>
> After each change I stopped and re-started httpd using drakxservices.

Directory refers to an on-disk directory. In this case. /target/ is
NOT, I understand, a directory in your filesystem, so the former of
these is the correct one. However, did you happen to notice if the
actual error message in the log changed to a "file permissions ..."
rather than a "... by server configuration" one?

You need to watch the error log every time you make a change to your
configuration to see if the error message changes.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com