httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris <ch...@eehmke.de>
Subject [users@httpd] (104)Connection reset by peer: core_output_filter: writing data to the network
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:49:52 GMT
 I know I am not the first to ask this question, but I really searched a
 lot and got no solution.

 I have a CGI application written in C++ running on my Apache 2.2.9
 server, hosted on a Debian Lenny system. The application runs fine most
 of the time, only when I do a special download of a simple text file (in
 CSV format) the file is not downloaded and the above message appears in
 the error.log. Other files in the same format download w/o problem.

 The application itself seems to run fine too, internal tracing showed
 me the file in question is generated correctly. It only might be that
 the process takes one or two seconds longer than usual, because a lot of
 mysql queries have to be executed. But as told before, this works, only
 the file never is downloaded.

 Now I am at the end of my wits and would ask for hints how to track
 down this issue? I have full control of the server (actually the same
 problem happens when I run the application on localhost, which is a
 Gentoo system) and of the application source code, so I can build test
 versions with debug statements embedded.
 Regards, Chris