httpd-users mailing list archives

From Oscar Celada <ocel...@renta4.es>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] The apache duplicate the request
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 11:44:38 GMT
Hello Rainer:

 Yesterday I changed the connector jk for mod_wl_22.so and the problem goes
on. If I do the request against tomcat directly it works well. For this test
I suppose that the problem is in the apache server or in the browser (like
you say).

 I use a cluster with 6 tomcats, I can't put this parameter in the jk
because I need that the JK repeat a request when one tomcat(of cluster)is
died.

Thanks in advanced.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Rainer Jung [mailto:rainer.jung@kippdata.de]
Enviado el: viernes, 08 de octubre de 2010 13:17
Para: users@httpd.apache.org
Asunto: Re: [users@httpd] The apache duplicate the request

On 07.10.2010 16:49, Oscar Celada wrote:

> The apache duplicate the request:
>
> I have installed apache httpd 2.2.10 with mod jk 1.2.28 and tomcat
> 6.0.29. I have a transaction that is  executed in the tomcat and that
> lasts for 15 minutes. The problem is in that Apache once 300 second
> bests were  passed throws the same request again. I have played the
> parameter Timeout of the httpd.conf but I do not resolve the problem.
>
> How can I avoid this problem? The initial petition I would not care to
> cut across timeout but what I do not want is duplicate the request
> right now than each he gives 300 seconds, this does that the tomcat die .

I expect that the duplicatiuon is either done by mod_jk or by the browser
(JavaScript?).

For mod_jk you would want to set the recovery options such that no
duplication is done. Look for "recovery_options" in

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html

You might want to set the attribute to the value "7". You mod_jk log file
should tell you, whether mod_jk retried the request.

In case there's more questions: the right list to discuss mod_jk is the
Tomcat users mailing list.

To subscribe, send mail to

    users-subscribe@tomcat.apache.org

To jumpstart the discussion there, please provide in the post your mod_jk
version number, your configuration and possibly the contents of the mod_jk
log file.

Regards,

Rainer