httpd-users mailing list archives

From <ma...@manfbraun.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Host-header from requests are ignored?
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 10:14:45 GMT
Hello !

I read the apache docs [using 2.2.9], but there is a lot of stuff,
which is different in Debian [lenny, 5.0.6].

Apache ignores the host-header given by the browser:
http://x or http://x:81 or http://x.mbg.local are all served, but should be
blocked.
The definition for x stems from my hosts file [which everyone could do this
way].
I am new new to apache, but on my IIS this works as expected.
All browsers act equal [so no browser header problem].

I configured two VirtualHosts, an excerpt:

NameVirtualHost hugo:80

<VirtualHost hugo:80>
DocumentRoot /usr/share/doc
Alias /doc/ /usr/share/doc/
<Directory /usr/share/doc/>
Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
Allow from 192.168.24.0/24
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

The other VirtualHost is configured for port 81.

The I go to my hosts file on any box, and add hugo's ip-address under
the new name x. Then, x is served [with and without specifying a port],
although the host-header in apache is hugo!! Every user coming from
the internet could make the same!

I am out of hope now. Does anyone has any help for me?

Would really very good!

br++mabra