httpd-users mailing list archives

From Doug McNutt <dougl...@macnauchtan.com>
Subject [users@httpd] OT: Yahoo web mail
Date Sun, 05 Sep 2010 18:10:53 GMT
Since January 2009 I have accumulated over 1000 messages to groups, that arrived with improper
0A (UNIX line ends without a preceding 0D) in the body of the message. In order to reply to
such a message I have to remove them manually to avoid rejection by my SMTP server. It's a
PITA.

I have tracked the problem down to Yahoo's web based email client. A bug has been filed with
Yahoo on its internal Bugzilla system. Details of the indictment are at <http://macnauchtan.com/editorials/QuotedPrintable.html>.

I doubt that Yahoo is using apache but the issue does involve treatment of HTML forms as they
are passed to a CGI interface. Does apache ever do anything to clean up line ends in forms
delivered by a POST request as in a web mail site?

Please, off list replies to address in the link unless useful to other listers.

--
-->  There are 10 kinds of people:  those who understand binary, and those who don't <--