httpd-users mailing list archives

From Doug McNutt <dougl...@macnauchtan.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Unable to load perl file
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 16:46:29 GMT
At 12:05 +0530 9/8/10, aparna aryan wrote:

> Here there are some variable missing. Please let us know if there is some issue in defining
any variable.

The differences in environment variables are not your problem. It does look as though you
are the root user on the new system. If you were root on the old I would think about access
permissions.

The environment variables will be quite different after apache makes its changes and then
gets to your code.

In your original posting there are these lines.

    PerlRequire "/opt/app/ars/ovsc/perl/<http://startup.pl>startup.pl"
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/app/ars/ovsc/perl/<http://startup.pl>startup.pl
line 4.\

That Require points to a module that is not expected to be in @INC. It's a full path. The
error software may be talking about @INC just because it always does and not because @INC
is involved in the failure.

Does /opt/app/ars/ovsc/perl/<http://startup.pl>startup.pl exist on the new system? That
 "line 4" seems to imply that startup.pl is being compiled and the failure is there. You might
try

perl -w  /opt/app/ars/ovsc/perl/<http://startup.pl>startup.pl  # and see what it says.

I'm feeling less than knowledgeable about apache mods.  PerlRequire as opposed to a simple
Require does not match my usage in Linux and Mac OSX.   vendor_perl is also new to me.

I think I would examine startup.pl, with a text editor, on each system and look for differences.

$ENV{ARCONFIGDIR}="/opt/ars/arserv/0/conf"; ----> is there a missing apt here?
$MAIN::OVSC_PATH='/opt/app/ars/ovsc';
$MAIN::UPLOAD_PATH='/opt/app/ars/ovsc/ToWIH';
$MAIN::MBOX="";

--

--> A fair tax is one that you pay but I don't <--