httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Intermittent crashing web server service
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 15:15:54 GMT
On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 8:28 PM, Mike Schleif <mds@helices.org> wrote:
> I've a client running Apache on a MSWindows server with an intermittent
> crashing web server service.
>
> [1] Names & Versions:
>
> OS Name    Microsoft® Windows® Web Server 2008
> Version    6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
>
> C:\oracle\ora81\Apache\Apache\Apache.exe -v
> Server version: Apache/1.3.12 (Win32)
> Server built:   Nov  8 2000 20:08:38
>
> Service: OracleOraHome81HTTPServer

Seriously?

1) If you must run Apache 1.3, you should at least be running the
latest release. 1.3.12 has more holes than Emmental.
2) That Apache 1.3 runs on windows at all is a minor miracle, it was
not designed to. You really should not be using 1.3 on windows (you
really should not be using 1.3 at all tbh!)
3) There's virtually nothing anyone on this list can do to help you
resolve this problem. If it is a bug in Apache 1.3.12, there won't be
a fix for that version. If it isn't, it is probably in your
application. The only way to test that is to upgrade Apache -
preferably to 2.2 - and see if that solves the issues.

Cheers

Tom