httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Reinhardt" <crypto...@cryptodan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 500 internal server error running php application
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 06:50:17 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: J Wilson
Sent: 03 September, 2010 3:50
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] 500 internal server error running php application

Hi there,

I am installing a PHP application, a shopping cart php based, zen-cart on a
Centos 5.3 box, running php 5.1.6 and apache 2.2.3.  Have done this many times
before no problem, except now I recently had a sys admin set up my new Centos 5
server and the way he set it up, I can't remember if he made some settings in
Apache httpd conf.d or php.ini config  - when I run the install script on Zen
Cart via browser I get an internal server error.

I thought he told me at the time he either set up my individual config files for
each domain in httpd or php.ini such that all the shopping cart - php scripts -
files had to be owned by Apache which I did do, I ran a chown -R apache.apache
on cart files they are now owned by apache, then I ran the install script for
the new store via browser and I got the internal server error,  even though I
can view my index.html page no problem whether or not it is owned by Apache.

I checked  php.ini switches, could not find anything relating to the the domain
in question also checked httpd conf.d files for the domain in question and added
some Apache directives which I thought might do the trick, namely this between
virtual hosts tags:

<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Files>

no luck

So I think this is related to either Apache or php settings for running php
scripts could be just a switch in php config riles or httpd.  Not sure if it's
an apache or a php switch or directive.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me a hint as to how to
troubleshoot?

Thanks

A 500 Internal Server Error is caused by a script timing out.  Do other PHP
Scripts run, or do they produce a 500 Internal Server error.

Thanks,
Daniel