httpd-users mailing list archives

From J Wilson <troyinfor...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] 500 internal server error running php application
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 03:50:12 GMT
Hi there,

I am installing a PHP application, a shopping cart php based, zen-cart on a Centos 5.3 box,
running php 5.1.6 and apache 2.2.3.  Have done this many times before no problem, except now
I recently had a sys admin set up my new Centos 5 server and the way he set it up, I can't
remember if he made some settings in Apache httpd conf.d or php.ini config  - when I run the
install script on Zen Cart via browser I get an internal server error.

I thought he told me at the time he either set up my individual config files for each domain
in httpd or php.ini such that all the shopping cart - php scripts - files had to be owned
by Apache which I did do, I ran a chown -R apache.apache  on cart files they are now owned
by apache, then I ran the install script for the new store via browser and I got the internal
server error,  even though I can view my index.html page no problem whether or not it is owned
by Apache.

I checked  php.ini switches, could not find anything relating to the the domain in question
also checked httpd conf.d files for the domain in question and added some Apache directives
which I thought might do the trick, namely this between virtual hosts tags:

<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Files>

no luck

So I think this is related to either Apache or php settings for running php scripts could
be just a switch in php config riles or httpd.  Not sure if it's an apache or a php switch
or directive.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me a hint as to how to troubleshoot?

Thanks