httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Is there any way I could share a session b/w Jsp(Tomcat) & php(apache)??!
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:55:17 GMT
On 20.09.2010 13:03, mani2604 wrote:

> Well I do have a UMN mapserver php app which runs on apache&  we do have
> sessions to store latitudes&  longitudes to perform queries... Now the thing
> it somehow need to be integrated with Tomcat so that the client inputs the
> lat&  long in the jsp page and I need to retrieve them in my php application
> page... Any ideas regarding this?!!
>
> i sort of integrated the apache&  tomcat using mod_jk process but that was
> of no assistance as I was unsure of wat to do next...
>
> sort of trying on the php/java bridges but that was explained more on the
> lines of same domains...

There are various possibilities to pass information between different
web applications.

1) Have one application call the other.

Your browser always talks to webapp A, but sometimes webapp A needs
something from B, so A could itself call B via HTTP and use the results
to render the final answer page.

2) Let the browser transport the info

a) Cookies

You can set a cookie inside A with info needed by B. You need to craft
the URLs, under which A and B are reached by the browser and the domaoin
and path od the cookie such that the cookie set by A is actually also
being sent to B.

b) URL encoding

Include a link in some answer page to A which points to B and contains
the info needed by B e.g. via a query string or in some other form
understood by B. The user needs to click the link.

Or: send a redirect from A to B with the info included in the URL.

Or: "A" sends a form and the info is contained as fields in the form
body, maybe as hidden fields. The user still needs to click (submit
form) and the form link points to B.

Regards,

Rainer