httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bo Lorentsen ...@lue.dk>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_proxy and Content-Range response
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:52:24 GMT
Hi ...

I hope this is the proper place to bring on subjects like this, I have
tried to look many places but found nothing on this subject.

I have been creating a new data backend (RESTful JSON), that I think
works quite nicely, and this backend implement the full rest protocol
from HTTP 1.1 (RFC 2616), or at least as much as I understand of it :)

This all quite works well, but I like to put my backend server behind
apache, to make it more simple to deploy in a real life setup (access
control and https and more ...). To make this work, I am using ProxyPass
and ProxyPassReverse from mod_proxy and mod_proxy_http.

This setup works find, until I start using the HTTP header "Range"
(using items not bytes, as I have dojo JsonRestStore in my client code).
When the client request for a range, it works, an the HTTP header
contains this :

Range: items=0-24

My backend server replys to this (after building up a prober set of
data), and the reply header contains this :

and the response code is 200 (I have tried 206 too, but this makes a
"proxy error" in mod_proxy).

When this comes out of the proxy, it is still a Content-Range but the
header entry have changed to this, instead :

Am I missing something in the configuration of my apache mod_proxy, or
is this an error in mod_proxy ?

Hope someone can spread some light on this, please.

Regards

/BL