httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Schleif <...@helices.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Upgrade 1.3.12 -> 2.2.16: Reverse Proxy issues [WAS: Jserv issue ???]
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2010 12:52:12 GMT

On 9/11/2010 6:53 AM, Eric Covener wrote:
 >> HOWEVER, we cannot get reverse proxy to work with SSL ?!?!
 >>
 >> Port 80 works great, including redirecting.
 >>
 >> Port 443 does NOT redirect.  NO SSL errors during startup.
 >
 > Include your Proxy directives, the URL that doesn't work, and the
 > response that you think is in error.

### For Reverse Proxy
LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so
LoadModule deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.so

# This works, although in production we do NOT want the Proxy* lines active:

NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerName test-webreporter.return.returninc.com
     DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"
     ProxyRequests off
     ProxyPass / http://localhost:81/
     ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:81/
</VirtualHost>

# The following does not appear to redirect to other web server:

NameVirtualHost *:443
<VirtualHost *:443>
     ServerName test-webreporter.return.returninc.com
     DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"
###    DocumentRoot "C:\oracle\ora81\Apache\Apache\htdocs"

     SSLEngine on
###    SSLProxyEngine on
     SSLCertificateFile
C:\Oracle\ora81\Apache\Apache\htdocs\webapp\ssl\returninc.crt
     SSLCertificateKeyFile
C:\Oracle\ora81\Apache\Apache\htdocs\webapp\ssl\returninc.key

     ProxyRequests off
     ProxyPass / http://localhost:81/
     ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:81/
</VirtualHost>

NOTE: NO errors in the logs: LogLevel warn

If ever I can be of service to you; contact me at once.

I wish for you a truly extraordinary day ...

--
Best Regards,

Mike Schleif
612-235-6060