httpd-users mailing list archives

From Daryl Tester <dt-apa...@handcraftedcomputers.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] Securing handler from direct access via URL.
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 20:33:11 GMT
Howdee.

I'm attempting to set up a PHP application in a chrooted FastCGI environment
under Apache 2.2.14 under Ubuntu 10.04.  My (abbreviated) configuration is:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
FastCgiServer /usr/lib/cgi-bin/php5
<Directory "/var/www/webmail">
        AddHandler php-fastcgi .php
        DirectoryIndex index.php
        Action php-fastcgi /cgi-bin/php5
</Directory>

This works as it should, but a side effect is that Action is exposing
http:///cgi-bin/php5 to the outside world (which barfs when accessed
directly).  Access permissions on the cgi-bin directory appear to get
propagated to the resources I'm trying to "handle", so that doesn't
help.

Is there a way I can set up a handler but not have it directly exposed
via URL (as opposed to the URLs it "handles")?

Cheers.

--
Regards,
  Daryl Tester

"It's bad enough to have two heads, but it's worse when one's unoccupied."
  -- Scatterbrain, "I'm with Stupid."