httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Schleif <...@helices.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Upgrade 1.3.12 -> 2.2.16: Jserv issue ???
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 12:29:59 GMT
On 9/9/2010 1:35 AM, Joost de Heer wrote:
 > On Thu, September 9, 2010 01:45, Mike Schleif wrote:
 >>    Hi, All!
 >>
 >> You may have seen my posts last week about a legacy Oracle App (8.1)
 >> running on Apache (1.3.12) under Windows.
 >>
 >> Trying to upgrade Apache, and we've run into a Jserv issue:
 >>
 >> Legacy lines from httpd.conf:
 >> # Include the configuration for Apache JServ 1.1
 >> include "C:\oracle\ora81\Apache\Jserv\conf\jserv.conf"
 >>
 >> This prevents Apache 2.2 from startup:
 >>
 >> "Cannot load C:/oracle/ora81/Apache/Jserv/ApacheModuleJServ.dll into
 >> server: The specified module could not be found."
 >
 > Apache 1.3 modules don't load in 2.2. You'll need to contact Oracle
to see
 > if and how you can upgrade.
 >
 > Joost

OK, I understand what you're saying.  However, all I'm asking is, How
can I load Jserv 1.1 functionality in Apache 2.2.16?

Oracle hasn't supported 8.1 in years.

We're trying to see if we can upgrade the web server portion while
leaving all else as-is.

Thank you.

If ever I can be of service to you; contact me at once.

I wish for you a truly extraordinary day ...

--
Best Regards,

Mike Schleif
612-235-6060