httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steve Whitson <steven.whit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can't load driver file apr_dbd_mysql.so
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 12:04:01 GMT
 In the config.log for apr-util I see an error when I use the (from
mysql community) prebuilt 5.0.67 version of mysql & when I use the
prebuild latest version of 5.1.x of mysql.

Here's an example (not sure which of the two I was building against with
this error, since I went back to trying builds of 2.2.9 & 2.2.10)...

configure:27065: gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -DSOLARIS2=10
-D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
-I/usr/local/mysql/include -xarch=v8  -L/usr/local/mysql/lib
 -lmysqlclient_r -lz -lpthread -lthread -lposix4 -lgen -lsocket -lnsl
-lm  -lpthread -lthread conftest.c -lmysqlclient_r  -lrt  -xarch=v8
-L/usr/local/mysql/lib -lmysqlclient_r
-lz -lpthread -lthread -lposix4 -lgen -lsocket -lnsl -lm >&5
gcc: language arch=v8 not recognized
ld: fatal: file conftest.c: unknown file type

It results in setting
    apu_have_mysql='0'

and therefore doesn't build the mysql drivers.

I may result in building my own mysql to see if that helps... unless you
have any ideas...

Thanks much,
    -Steve

On 9/1/2010 7:44 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
> On 1 Sep 2010, at 23:03, Steve Whitson wrote:
>
>> I did notice that this version of mysql is 4.0.  I want to be using 5.0 but the libmysqlclient_r
library isn't available in this installation.  As I had mentioned, I do have an apache 2.2.9
working using the mysql 4.0 version client.
> Is it possible you may have built against a different version to what you're
> trying to run with?  APR shouldn't work with any MySQL older than 4.1!
>
>> Anyway, I'm downloading a 5.0 version of mysql to see if it will work.  Apparently
5.1 isn't known, since in the config.log for apr_util (I'm sticking to just building this
piece util I get it right) it had problems.