httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] issue with 2.2.16 on windows (mod_dav, inexact content-length)
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 02:58:07 GMT

On 21 Sep 2010, at 01:16, Lucas Cornelisse wrote:

> What we are doing:
>
> Our application (media server) is doing a live audio recording over dav, by sending a
PUT with a Content-Length:

> 864000000. Note that we do not know in advance how long the recording is, and we certainly
are not sending 864000000 bytes.

Then your application is broken, and can't expect defined behaviour from the server.
Can't help with the difference in server versions, but I wouldn't be surprised if
you've overlooked some difference other than just server version.

Chunked encoding exists precisely to support situations where you don't know a
content length in advance.  Use it!

--
Nick Kew