httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Frey <rainer.f...@inxmail.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] "proxy_balancer" | stickysession
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 08:11:36 GMT
On Thursday 30 September 2010 09:54:11 King Holger (CI/AFP2) wrote:

Not only top posting, but also no quoting characters. Please fix that!

> Hi Thomas,
>
> I had to disappoint you, because the relevant excerpt of the Tomcat
> configuration below shows "jvmRoute" setup properly on EACH Tomcat
> instance:
>
> "rb-wcmstc1"
> <Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="rb-wcmstc1">
>
> "rb-wcmstc2"
> <Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="rb-wcmstc2">
>
> So, might it be a BUG in Apache2 2.2.16? Is it possible to identify the
> reason, why that happens on Apache2-side? How?

Do as Thomas recommended and capture the cookies and session ids. The IDs you
have in your first message look a bit unusual for tomcat generated session
IDs.

Additionally, you can set the Apache loglevel to debug for the VirtualHost
that does the loadbalancing. mod_proxy will log details about selecting the
backend worker.

Rainer